How to Spot Fraud
Know what to look for
Every day, scam artists target millions of people in an attempt to steal money or confidential banking information. Avoid becoming a victim. Learn how to spot illegal activity.
Recognize these warning signs
- Missing bills or statements - You did not receive a bill or statement you expected to receive in the mail.
- Unexpected charges - Unfamiliar charges show up on your credit card, checking, savings or other account.
- Denied credit - You are unexpectedly denied credit or given unfavorable terms.
- Unsolicited credit cards - You receive credit cards that you never applied for.
- Collection calls - Creditors or collection agencies are attempting to collect money for unfamiliar purchases or services.
If you suspect fraud, call Cardmember Service at 800-328-4850 immediately. We are available 24 hours a day to protect you from theft and fraud.
10 Steps for Identity Theft Victims (PDF)1
Information to help should you become the victim of identity theft.